As Father’s Day quickly approaches, we’re flooded with ideas for all the things we could do with dad to have fun on his special day.
Of course, we came up with the usual activities like a baseball game, fishing, or tinkering in the garage. But we’ve done those so many times already, and we want this Father’s Day to be special.
Always looking through the lens of social impact, the Crate of Good team brings you these 9 ways to spend time with your father AND make a difference in the world!
Ways to Make an Impact with Dad:
- Plant a raised flower bed in your yard or help out at a local community garden. This is a great way to show Mother Earth some love and help save honey bee populations, plus it’s not a bad excuse to bust out the hammer and nails with Dad! Learn how to make one!
- Volunteer to hand out food at a local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Showing compassion and giving your time to help friends in need will give your whole family some good vibes. Find your local food bank!
- Walk dogs at a local animal shelter to show our furry friends some love. Who knows, maybe you’ll go home with a new family member too! Search for your local shelter!
- Host a lemonade stand and give the profit to a charity. Sitting on the corner for hours chatting with Dad and scrapping for quarters? What could be better bonding?! Here’s a cute article about how to make it happen!
- Attend a local beach/park cleanup and have a picnic after. Not only will you be cleaning up a local hangout but you can earn scholarship money by taking photos of your cleanup project and writing a short essay through the Nicodermus Wilderness Project.
- Sign up to run or walk through Apple’s “Charity Miles” app. This is an amazing way to get the family out and moving while also helping world changing charities!
- Spend an hour cleaning out your closets and donate the unused items to a local charity. These items can be anything from clothes you’ve grown out of to sports equipment you no longer use. Giving these items to friends in need will feel pretty great for everyone. Here is some inspiration!
- Donate blood at your local Red Cross and help save lives. This one isn’t for everyone because some of us faint at the sight of blood or needles, but it could actually save someone’s life, especially if you have a rare blood type. Here’s where to find your local donation clinic.
- Write a letter or send a care package to our military personnel overseas. What better way to show support and gratitude to those brave men and women who can’t be home with their families on this special day. Make it and send it here!
Thank you to all of the fathers and father figures out there who lead so many of us. We hope that everyone has a great Father’s Day and that our list may spark you and your family to do something GOOD!
<3 The Crate of Good Team